Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Yellow Thumb

Do you remember the basil plant I bought last summer? Refresh you memory with Anonymously Anomalous Number 4. Well, the update you never had in September was that my basil plant tried to commit suicide a few times by jumping off my window sill. I did not allow him a very healthy existence. In the end, I had him put down so he could escape the misery of being taken care of by me. 

In May, less than one year after I adopted my Basil, I found myself responsible for 20 large plants in my workplace. I don't think my employer ran a background check on me. 

Yesterday at work, I could not find two of the plants. There were only 18 in the entire building! Two were gone, completely disappeared. I hope they did not choose the same resolve that my basil plant once chose. I hope the best for those two- that they ran away and found a quite contrary lady. A better one than me.

1 comment: