Saturday, June 19, 2010

Me So Confused.


I had Miso Soup for the first time yesterday! Miso paste, seaweed, baby shrimp... it was great! Except I was a bit confounded about the conflicting claims on the soup's history. My room mate introduced it to me as a Japanese dish. Later in the day, antoher friend contended that Miso Soup has its origins in Korea and that the Japanese have consistently been encroaching on Korean trademarks and claiming them as their own (case in point: Dokdo-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dokto. However, since Wikipedia (which is a dot org!) says that Miso is a Japanese dish, I will side with Japan this time.

2 comments:

  1. yum i love seaweed. i've always thought of it as a japanese soup, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Darling likes seaweed, but then again he was born in Japan.

    ReplyDelete