Monday, August 9, 2010

Mott's Apple Mash

On Saturday, a carload of friends and I drove by the Mott's Applesauce Factory in Williamson, NY. Since I have been living on campus, I had altogether missed the latest news on Mott's. Factory workers have been on strike outside of Mott's for quite some time. We drive by on day 76 of the strike. I'm sure the group is still out there today, day 78, under their tent with their picket signs, rallying against corporate greed.

Mott's has already filled the minimum-wage factory line job positions that were left empty by the protesters.

I'm not sure who is being more silly: the dozens of workers continuing to set up camp outside of the Mott's factory while Mott's continues business as usual or me and my friends who swiftly pulled off the road to run and pose with the giant inflatable rat that the protesters had set up outside the factory. We moved so quickly that the picketers couldn't approach us!

2 comments:

  1. You are braver than I am. Personally, I am quite sick and tired of seeing the picketers sitting out there in their lawn chairs. They ought to give it up and go find a new job. And, unfortunately, that could get me into trouble with some of my friends.
    PS. Those rats are the ugliest, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually thought that Ben was the ugliest. I guess it's all a matter of opinion :P

    ReplyDelete