Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tu Amor Hace Eco

I translated this song (with a few liberties) from Spanish into English. You'll love it even more in Spanish. LOVE! It's called "Tu Amor Hace Eco en Todo Mi Universo" and it is by the band Rojo. Scroll down for the YouTube video!!

God, Your Love Echos

There on the cross, in its whole,
Was cleared all that had been charged against my soul.
It was you, Jesus, Lord,
Who paid the price for me to be restored.

There are no words
That I'd want to speak
Nor are there songs
That I'd want to sing;
Because if they're not for You,
They're not anything that I'd want to pursue.

You are the air, the rain, the joy of a child's laugh,
Power, calmness, the Guide with rod and staff,
Mysteries, galaxies, surprises like the ocean's breeze

You are the daylight, the moonlight, the one Light that can set me free,
Destiny, history, treasure of most worth to me,
The key and door, the voice that beckons to eternity

God, Your love resounds throughout all my universe.

I'm no longer lost now that I've felt Your grace,
All my pain leaves under the strength of your embrace.

God, Your love resounds throughout all my universe.
God, Your love resounds throughout all my universe.


1 comment:

  1. it's not a bad song... i like your translation. the changes you've made are nice.

    ReplyDelete