Friday, July 16, 2010

Film Friday!! A First!

So I've decided to post one or two short films every Friday on this blog. I really appreciate them, and I hope that you find my taste in films interesting. I picked two this week: Imagination and an old favorite, A Ninja Pays Half My Rent. 2002 must have been a good year for short films.

Imagination (2002) 
Genre: Fantasy, Horror (ish)
Run Time: 16 minutes
Disclaimer: the monster in this film is both gnarly AND creepy!!


I like it because it reminds me of how our minds can be both creative and destructive. This child created her whimsical friends as well as the unwelcome monster (who burns our eyes when he dances). I think about how I struggle to keep my mind on the heavenly Father and away from my worldly intrigues. (Oh, does that seem like a stretch from this film's plot? Well I was definitely thinking that when I saw it.)
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. 2 Corinthians 10:4-6
Just something I've been considering lately.

A Ninja Pays Half My Rent (2002)
Genre: Comedy (duh, read the title)
Run Time: 5 1/2 minutes


I hope that you made the housing lottery cut :)


If you have short movie suggestions, shoot me an e-mail or something and I may like it enough to stick in here on a Friday!

Did you enjoy these ones?

2 comments:

  1. The scary dude was sooo creepy -_____- You've shown me the bottom one before but I still think that it's funny :D

    ReplyDelete