Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Extended Family


I was part of a group of five who went to the Adirondacks this past weekend. It was a lot of fun: water activities, hiking, bouldering, corn on the cob, photo opps, bugs, and family.

I especially liked the family part. Not only did I grow closer to my brothers and sisters in Christ, but I also met Carly's family. It was such a blessing! Carly's mom and I shared our experiences from and hopes for our our Sunday Schools. Carly's dad avidly wanted us to experience the lake via sail boat, and he was a real trooper about the gnarly gash and lump combo he earned from that excursion. Carly's little brother, Paul, even changed his socks to better impress me. The Sombric family was super hospitable and loving. I'm glad that I can consider them my own family too, through Christ's adoption (Galatians 4:4-6).

I really enjoyed getting closer to my Christian family this past weekend. The dynamic of the Sombric family was also encouraging to me, although I could only get small glimpses of it.

Also, I ask for prayer. I need to be more responsible in praying for the friends that I have grown close with, especially as I learn how they need God to reveal Himself to them.

I'm excited to grow closer with the other brothers and sisters that God has placed in my life! And I hope God blesses your fellowship like He has mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment